Stole Money Warning - William Ashcroft III Billings Bill Billings in Lakeland Florida - Fraud Scam

Discussion in 'Disputes - Banned Scammers' started by SocomH, 10/2/20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SocomH

SocomH
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Bronze Status: This user has successfully completed 3+ middleman transactions

6   0   0

My Location:
    Scammers Information
    William Ashcroft Billings III
    Bill Billings

Address

5114 Ashwood Drive Lakeland Florida 33811-1637

Birthdate

December 31, 1992 or 12/31/1992

Email Address

[email protected]
    [email protected]

Order Number

===========================================

IMG_0294.jpg

===========================================

1. Date Dispute Happened

It started on 29/09/2020 & last attempt i saw was on 1/10/2020

2. Are You The Buyer or Seller
    Buyer

3. Total Transaction Value
    € 791,46

4. Other Parties Username
    xbilbo (https://www.playerup.com/xbilbo)

5. Method Used To Pay or Receive Payment
    Paypal using middleman

6. Other Parties Email Addresses
    N/A

7. Other Parties Payment Email Address
    Don't know, was through middleman

8. Other Parties Messenger Username
    N/A

9. Provide All Chat Logs and Additional Information Below

He tried to recover the account by trying to recover the mail, he also tried to do it through customer support. Not sure if he's still trying but it has been quiet for a day or 2 now. Just want these people gone as they're just terrible people & are likely to succesfully scam someone in the future. screenshots are the mails i got that he was trying to recover the account

Attached Files:

#1 SocomH, 10/2/20
    Last edited by a moderator: 10/6/20
    • This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
  2. Support

Support
    Expand Collapse
    Community Moderator

1   0   0

3. OP
    OP
    SocomH

SocomH
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Bronze Status: This user has successfully completed 3+ middleman transactions

6   0   0

My Location:
    the scammer has now breached the account. Will request a refund now.

4. OP
    OP
    SocomH

SocomH
    Expand Collapse

6   0   0

My Location:
    Apparently I have to ask for a refund here. I bought the insurance package, I put "buyer - cancel" on the 3-way ticket. Can someone please take a look & get it resolved in a timely manner please. as this guy is not responding & the ticket says he has to accept/decline now which he obviously won't do.

5. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman support tickets Middleman Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman transactions

173   0   0

We were unaware this dispute had been opened against @xbilbo. We have checked and @xbilbo has not yet seen this dispute so we will now tag him.

Here is the Runescape Account Information:

@xbilbo if you don't resolve this, we're going to report the account to Jagex and get it banned.

Additionally, you'll be fined and this debt will be sent to a debt collection agency.

6. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman support tickets Middleman Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman transactions

173   0   0

7. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

@SocomH

You can check your discord for status updates.

@xbilbo

Has been email notified about your dispute and given 48 hours to respond.

8. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

@SocomH

Did the seller communicate with you at all when you opened this dispute? If so, post all screenshots into this ticket.

9. OP
    OP
    SocomH

SocomH
    Expand Collapse

6   0   0

My Location:
    No, the seller doesn't respond whatsoever. I think this is just a throwaway account as he said during the purchase so i don't expect any response from the scammer.

I suspect he contacted Jagex support to change the email adress as the login is no longer that email it seems & it no longer sends any mails to the OG mail. So he changed it through support leaving me with a useless email adress as I can no longer request support emails through it. Also for some reason I can't find my private conversation with this person anymore in my inbox? i never remove messages though?

10. OP
    OP
    SocomH

SocomH
    Expand Collapse

6   0   0

My Location:
    Why the hell did i get high risk? i didn't even do anything?

11. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

He didn't read this message but he will now as we properly notified and emailed him. He has 48 hours. Any other evidence you want to upload please do so in this ticket.

12. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

Country Mismatch / VPN.

13. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

14. OP
    OP
    SocomH

SocomH
    Expand Collapse

6   0   0

My Location:
    I use Opera GX which has a built in VPN. Currently i'm on my work PC right now that's why I can't access trustpilot just yet but i will retract my review (for now) once my boss leaves & i can access the site. All i wanted is for it to at least be adressed and not ignored.

So basically now people will fear me just because i use the included vpn on my Opera GX browser? even though i made multiple succesful sales? I should be verified & a bronze seller by now but even despite opening a ticket about & posting it in the support thread nobody gives it to me, forcing me to keep providing my ID everytime i buy/sell through MM. But now because I use a VPN i'm suddenly labeled like a criminal?

15. OP
    OP
    SocomH

SocomH
    Expand Collapse

6   0   0

My Location:
    oh and in terms of more evidence, all i have are these 2 screenshots where i try to recover the account and it will "send to my email adress" so it should've sent to [email protected] which I do have access on , unfortunately I don't get any message on that email, proving to me that he changed his mail through support.

The email for a password reset completely on the bottom is from July 15th (which is around the time i bought the account when the account was still linked to [email protected].

No breach on the Gmail account as far as I can see so it must've happened through Jagex Support.

During the sale we had some issues with Safecharge not putting through the payment for some reason so i mailed them & got it sorted & he promised me before that once he got the payment he'd give me the security questions (which he used to recover the account). Once payment went through he ghosted me & I never received the security questions nor have I been able to get in contact with him.

If need be i'm willing to give access to the OG mail to Playerup to verify that no account recovery mails are sent to this adress anymore as the email is practically useless now anyway.

Attached Files:

16. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

17. OP
    OP
    SocomH

SocomH
    Expand Collapse

6   0   0

My Location:
    ok so what happens with me now? Does PayPal refund me the money or what?

18. OP
    OP
    SocomH

SocomH
    Expand Collapse

6   0   0

My Location:
    hello?

19. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

We will have an update for you shortly here.

20. OP
    OP
    SocomH

SocomH
    Expand Collapse

6   0   0

My Location:
    I was promised an update "shortly" and haven't heard since.

Can I please know when my money will be refunded please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.