Fake middleman

Discussion in 'Disputes - Resolved Cases' started by Splooh, 4/4/22.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splooh

Splooh
    Expand Collapse
    High Risk Status: User has been flagged by the system for one or more reasons. Proceed with caution.

0   0   0

My Location:
    How to Report a Dispute
    Please fill out all 9 questions below. You must provide proof or your claim cannot be validated.

1. Date Dispute Happened
    April 4th, 2022

2. Are You The Buyer or Seller
    I'm the Seller

3. Total Transaction Value
    450€ EUR

4. Other Parties Username
    Discord

5. Method Used To Pay or Receive Payment
    PayPal

6. Other Parties Email Addresses
    [email protected]

7. Other Parties Payment Email Address
    [email protected]

8. Other Parties Messenger Username
    Josephlink

9. Provide All Chat Logs and Additional Information Below

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
  2. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse
    General Support Moderator
    General / Expediting Support (Staff): This account handles general/expediting support transactions Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

16   0   0

3. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse
    General Support Moderator
    General / Expediting Support (Staff): This account handles general/expediting support transactions Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

16   0   0

User is suspended until they respond here.

4. OP
    OP
    Splooh

Splooh
    Expand Collapse
    High Risk Status: User has been flagged by the system for one or more reasons. Proceed with caution.

0   0   0

My Location:
    @JosephLink is not the scammer. He was just the guy buying my account. He got scammed as well so I thought I should mention him in the post.

5. JosephLink

JosephLink
    Expand Collapse
    Suspended Status: This user has been suspended for terms of service violations or fraud practices Banned Status: This user has been banned due to fraudaulent acts against others

1   2   0

he got his account back from the guy that scammed us

6. Store

Store
    Expand Collapse
    Premium Pro Status: This user is a Premium Pro Seller Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Devoted Status: This user is a devoted member who helps other members Donator Status: This user has donated and helped grow our community Expert Status: This user is an established expert in the gaming industry ImLegit Status: This user has shown that they're a legitimate merchant Leader Status: This member has demonstrated leadership skills Secure Status: This user has shown he is a secure merchant Trusted Status: This user is a trusted member Platinum Status: This user has successfully completed 125+ middleman transactions

6k+   0   0

buy and sell only from the site and with the middleman
    Anyone outside the site can cheat!!!

7. OP
    OP
    Splooh

Splooh
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

My Location:
    the guy that scammed us was from the site. we did it through the link and the middleman given to us was the scammer

8. Store

Store
    Expand Collapse
    Premium Pro Status: This user is a Premium Pro Seller Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Devoted Status: This user is a devoted member who helps other members Donator Status: This user has donated and helped grow our community Expert Status: This user is an established expert in the gaming industry ImLegit Status: This user has shown that they're a legitimate merchant Leader Status: This member has demonstrated leadership skills Secure Status: This user has shown he is a secure merchant Trusted Status: This user is a trusted member Platinum Status: This user has successfully completed 125+ middleman transactions

6k+   0   0

Was the intermediary sent to you a scammer?
    There is only one intermediary on the site and its name is middleman
    There is no other middleman
    You must submit your account in 3way group
    Fake accounts can not create a 3way group and only the original middleman can

9. Store

Store
    Expand Collapse

6k+   0   0

After buyer approval and seller approval in 3way group
    You must wait for the middleman to complete the order
    And after a while is transferred to inventory
    And after transferring to it, you can register the request to create a mm wallet

It may take a while, but middleman will definitely check your mm wallet

10. OP
    OP
    Splooh

Splooh
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

My Location:
    stop bullshitting man. i wont get that money and my buyer wont get the account. i can screen share you the conversation on discord with your middleman which will show he has/had no intentions to mediate the transaction but to get the account, money and leave. i do hope you have some checks on who your mediators are but as they are they seem pretty love you

11. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman support tickets Middleman Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman transactions

173   0   0

Okay I have checked on this issue.

@PlayFair I have removed your comments 1st off since it has 0 to do with @Splooh post and is just pure spam/defamation. You have not provided us the required bank information to complete your transfer so we can't even pay you even if we wanted to right now. We suspended Revolut transfers so for us to pay you, you'll need to go into Revolut App, load up the virtual bank account details and paste those into your cashout ticket. If you run into any issues doing this, open a dispute here: https://www.playerup.com/accounts/active-disputes/

Store likes this.
  12. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman support tickets Middleman Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman transactions

173   0   0

As for you Splooh

Based on what you said above:

Seller = You = Splooh
    Buyer = Scammer
    Middleman = Scammer

The Middleman = Buyer

The buyer is pretending to be a victim here transferring I assume a payment which he screenshot / fabricated making you believe the payment was sent to bait you into believing this is a legit transaction on discord but in reality the buyer is the middleman and the buyer scammed you with a fake middleman transaction. Included here the buyer may have sent you a fake email as well making you believe a legit order came in (Example: https://www.playerup.com/threads/no-payment.4260384/)

How do we know this? What you described above is common with many discord scams and we have a history of dealing with this nonsense.

Now here is the issue:

Did you read the website before you decided to transfer this information over to this random person who was sending you an e-mail?

There are Seller Protection Icons listed all over every single thread on this website so people read them before transferring any payment or account information.

When you click on them you go to this page: https://www.playerup.com/support-tickets/knowledge-base/middleman-sellers-guide.20/. At the very top, we clearly posted:

How will middleman services contact me?
    All middleman transactions are conducted on PlayerUp.com only. Never release any information, perform any service or release any payments if you're a seller unless @middleman contacts you through the Conversation Ticket System. PlayerUp Middleman Services will never contact you through e-mail, discord, steam, facebook, whatsapp, kik, skype, or any 3rd party service. If somebody contacts you offsite claiming they are from PlayerUp, it is a scam.

In addition we post:

When should I release my account information to the buyer?
    Never release your account information unless (@Middleman) contacts you through the PlayerUp Conversation Ticket System. We will never contact you through e-mail, discord, facebook, whatsapp, kik, skype, or any 3rd party service. All middleman transactions are done through PlayerUp.com for security reasons.

13. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

Splooh

All middleman orders are done on PlayerUp.com only. We do not do business on discord or anywhere offsite. Anyone saying to make a delivery through discord or email is trying to scam you.

Do you use K,I,K, Skype, or another messenger service?
    No. All middleman transactions are done through PlayerUp.com for security reasons. Anyone who attempts to contact you through a 3rd party messenger claiming they are us is fraudulent.

When should I release my account information to the buyer?

Never release your account information unless (@Middleman) contacts you through the PlayerUp Conversation Ticket System. We will never contact you through e-mail, K,I,K, skype, or any 3rd party service. All middleman transactions are done through PlayerUp.com for security reasons.

For more information, please visit this link: Middleman: Sellers Guide | PlayerUp - Video Game Accounts Marketplace. Player 2 Player Secure Platform.

@JosephLink

14. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

15. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

No he is 100% the scammer here. You said yourself you transferred the information to him offsite through discord correct? He is pretending to have paid and there is no actual transaction here on PlayerUp. We would only ask you to deliver onsite if a 3 way ticket is opened with @Middleman in it.

The only ticket we have opened with you is this one you opened

[​IMG]

How does the secure middleman process work for sellers?

How does it work?
    1). Sellers create and post middleman buy now listings (click here)
    2). Buyer clicks on buy now listing and completes payment
    3). We verify and secure the buyers payment
    4). We create a 3 way conversation ticket with the Buyer and Seller
    5). We inform the Seller which specific account information they need to release to the Buyer
    6). During this process, we will communicate and guide both the Buyer and Seller.
    7). Buyer secures and verifies the account
    8). Payment is then disbursed to the Seller

Middleman: Sellers Guide | PlayerUp - Video Game Accounts Marketplace. Player 2 Player Secure Platform.

16. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

Please do screenshot it and upload the discord conversations here in full.

17. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

Just to clarify here once again:

Buyer = Has Your Account
    Middleman = Buyer

I assume the buyer said he sent payment to middleman and the seller you sent the account to the middleman? Then the middleman vanished and the buyer acted like he was a victim as well? The buyer 100% scammed you if this is the case.

18. OP
    OP
    Splooh

Splooh
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

My Location:
    Firstly, i would like to apologize to the site and its moderators for the use of foul language in this thread. i have read the sellers guide but hasn't been thorough enough. i became suspicious when there has been no notification on middleman site but by then it was too late. the interaction worked exactly as you have described it. i am thankful for your help and your work in preventing future problems. given that no money was actually stolen and the scammed banned from the site this had rather happy ending, as I have been able to regain access to the account through ea help. thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.