Proposing Buncha stuff.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MedicineSeller, 5/9/21.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MedicineSeller

MedicineSeller
    Expand Collapse
    None (is) So Vile
    High Risk Status: User has been flagged by the system for one or more reasons. Proceed with caution.

My Location:
    I'm gonna suggest an assortment of a bunch of things. Mostly "quality of life". This is the kind of stuff that tends to be overlooked because it's assumed to be insignificant. However, they add up quite quickly with prolonged use, and can make the experience growingly tiresome. It's never a good idea to ignore those little details if long-standing partnership is desired, ESPECIALLY if there is competition around that provides all of that.

1. Deleting posts/threads for free. This is honestly a really bizarre thing to charge/hide behind a paywall.

2. Make edit time longer - one week if you want to be cheap, one month if you want to be fair. Verified/premium/ultra-premium sellers could have larger periods, perhaps at one point being limitless. Being able to edit your posts is very important to avoid littering posts with constant updates, or removing information in OP that you shouldn't've added.

3. Cancel button when clicking "more options" when I create/edit a post. I'm honestly surprised there is none here.
    upload_2021-5-9_20-35-31.png

4. Make it possible to resize images in PlayerUp. Makes things much more efficient.

5. Maybe experiment giving moderator powers to trusted/verified/premium members from specific categories? That is a micro-suggestion for a much wider idea, that is decentralization to make the system more efficient. Make it so that if someone has an issue in CS Powerleveling forums, they first contact the authority from that forum (i.e. a CS Powerleveling mod), and only if it cannot be resolved a stronger power (Middlemen, admins) etc should be contacted.

*coff* similar to Epic *coff* NPC *coff*

This is an important implementation because PlayerUp is trigger-happy at creating new forums and that obviously goes beyond the administrative capability of a few Middlemen. Those forums then once abandoned become littered with absolutely random stuff. AdventureQuest forum is an example.

Perhaps an option where one could apply for voluntary moderator position and they would be manually accepted/rejected by Middlemen/admin with a time limit to their "moderatory period" which could be renewed at the admins' discretion?

6. More on decentralization: make it so Middlemen and Admins have less chores to do. Automatize some things. It feels really weird to have to message an administrator to import feedback from other sites, or to change something as simple as location. (Not saying that verification and security emasures should be laxed, just that it should be made more efficient as to demand less manpower from the higher ups).

7. BE A LOT MORE TRANSPARENT AND OBJECTIVE WITH YOUR FEES. It takes way more digging than it should to find the page listing the fees (https://www.playerup.com/middleman/escrow/fees.php). It should be to the side of "no transaction fees" in the "sellers benefits" page.

Lastly, that page is a bit confusing. If there is no processing fee in ALL methods, there is no necessity to repeat "0.00 USD" all over again. Might as well just put in the banner "ALL PROCESSING FEES ARE COVERED BY US", which makes it much more intuitive visually speaking. Also, I didn't know this, but apparently the SELLER must pay for the BUYER'S payment method? That is simply absurd. The BUYER must pay for his preferred payment method, not have it # from the seller. I feel like PlayerUp wants to be extremely buyer-friendly at the expens of everything else involved, especially sellers. For as long as I have to pay for the buyer's method of payment, especially considering it is still added to the buyer some extra fees, I do not intend to use the Middleman service.

Also: why is the 'reduce middleman fees' click here button not clickable?

8. Assume buyers and sellers are dumb and don't know anything. Explain things more minutely. As a newbie seller, "transaction fees" sounded to me like Middleman fees. And since the section that explains about transaction fees is unaptly named "merchant fees", I had no idea both things were the same.

"Who pays the merchant fees?
    PayPal, MoneyBookers/Skrill can charge you up to 5% for processing a transaction with them. With PlayerUp, we pay and cover all fees your payment processor would charge you."

would be better of, IMO, as

"What are transaction fees?
    PayPal, MoneyBookers/Skrill can charge you up to 5% for processing a transaction with them. This is called transaction fees. With PlayerUp, we pay and cover all those fees the payment processor would charge you [as both buyer or seller?]. Note, however, that we charge our own fees, which can be seen [here]."

9. Simplify that membership upgrade page. There's like a hundred items. WAY too much stuff. I have no clue what's the advantage of each upgrade. Try to limit it to 7-10 items, and only if someone's interested in the specifics supply the really long comparative list that sits there currently. For instance, all the different topics in the image below could be very easily summarized into a much easier to comprehend "API integration with social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)"
    upload_2021-5-9_21-30-41.png

10. HIDE OPTIONS THAT ARE NOT AVAILABLE. That is another thing that is unique, in a negative light, to this site. Users are able to see a plethora of options they cannot access (for instance, I can see "IP" on every post). I never know which functionalities are and are not within my grasp.

11. Be a lot more clearer with the characteristics of this site's functionality. For instance, I went to delete a test reply on a post of mine and a 'reason for deletion' popped up. I just assumed it was for administrative purposes and wrote 'test'. Turns out that not only in the post it remains a message that I deleted, but the reason is visible as well. This was unexpected - the usual response when one deletes a post on sites is for the post to be removed. A complement to that 'reason for deletion', such as a subtitle saying "The reason for deletion will be visible", would be greatly appreciated. Explaining the consequences to actions in the "Do you want to do that the action? Yes/No" pop up is never a bad idea.

12. This kind of stuff looks weird. It looks almost like a bug. Makes the site feel less credible. Bug/typo hunting is very important, because appearance is very important.

upload_2021-5-9_21-40-48.png

13. BE MORE COMMUNICATIVE. Only after I had VIP access to Middleman support did I learn that many things which I assumed were just half baked/poorly made on this site were actually unfinished. That there were issues with ticket delays, which were temporary. A news feed of some sort, more communication with the developments of the site and with things that are repeatedly complained about is crucial to make it clear that this site is being constantly upgraded. Explain why things are taking a long time to work. Explain why something went wrong. Explain why Middleman takes a lifetime to answer.

I've heard you guys have to deal with many tickets regarding people being scammed by fake Middlemen. That's something that cannot be fixed sadly, but it can be attenuated with... you guessed it, better communication. Stamp on very, VERY visible places how Middlemen should behave. How does the Middleman account looks like. A banner right under find/search/watching/history/etc stating very clearly: MIDDLEMEN WILL NEVER CONTACT YOU OUTSIDE PLAYERUP. IF YOU ARE CONTACTED, THEY ARE A SCAMMER. MIDDLEMAN IN THIS SITE HAS A MIDDLEMAN BADGE. Of course, written more succintly/intelligently, but you get the gist.

14. HAVE MORE MIDDLEMEN AND MAKE TRANSACTIONS MORE EFFICIENT. That is of course a suggestion that goes beyond the mere desire or capability of admins, it requires monetary funds in that aspect. But playerup manages to make their Middleman extremely fluid despite having, what, 15 guys to overlook the whole thing? And the Middlemen there are usually only that - Middlemen. They don't usually have to worry about support tickets. That makes the whole transaction thing way faster than it is on Player Up. I do think this site would benefit greatly if the transaction phase was a lot less robotic and had more human interaction/response beyond the automated responses. I honestly thought Middlemen were bots of some sort until one of them contacted me.

15. Stop banning the word playerup on links. I get that you don't want people to check that site because they're competition but it's weird to playerup.com links changed to playerup.com links, especially when I'm trying to hyperlink a post of mine from that site, here.

16. Make the meta part of the forums (talking about disputes, tickets, etc) more intuitive and easier to understand. Like. What's the difference between asking support questions and finding support answers? If one asks a support question, I would only expect to also find a support answer on their post. Be more descriptive in the description of the threads. That 'premium members-free section' then? I have no clue what's going on there. (I don't want someone to explain it to me by the way, I just wanted to use it as an example. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually).

upload_2021-5-9_21-56-24.png

17. Avatar changing feels a bit clunky. Why is there a radio option for "use a custom avatar" if that's the ONLY option? Why is there a checkbox for "delete current avatar" instead of a much more logical 'delete current avatar' button? Why do I not get a JavaScript/jQuery/etc pop-up saying "image has been edites sucessfully" once image was edited? Why is there not a responsive preview of how the avatar will look like before I click on save and manually refresh the page?

Probably more stuff to say, but I'm growing tired so I'll see myself out after this.

#1 MedicineSeller, 5/9/21
    Last edited: 5/10/21
    • This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
    Middleman likes this.
  2. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    Admin Status (Staff): This account handles all admin general support inquiries

This will take sometime to handle your inquiry here but I will gradually reply back to your post here.
    Regarding deleting posts, we previously did do this but we ran into problems with scammers trying to scam and delete their posts. When posting here, we want scammers to know that your information will stay here forever and there is no way to hide from your scams. It also allows us to coordinate with other sites so they can search and find scammers as we do the same with their sites. Lastly it allows users the ability to search and find all previous posts and potentially prevent themselves from being scammed.

Due to this sole reason above, we were forced to require users to be approved and upgrade to now delete their threads. However an upgrade is not necessarily required. Users can report/open a ticket and request their threads deleted - https://www.playerup.com/support-tickets/knowledge-base/how-do-i-edit-or-delete-a-thread.83/. Amazon, e--bay, and all these other platforms have similar approaches that what you post can be edited but not deleted.

We rediscussed this recently and our decision is simply to allow users more time to edit their listings which we will be adding within the next 24 hours.

#2 Admin, 5/30/21
    Last edited: 5/30/21
  3. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

Approved.

4. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

Can you explain this further?

This can be added.

Already in the works and will be finished by the end of the year.

https://www.playerup.com/threads/playerup-is-looking-for-moderators.1811743/

5. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

We actually don't allow changing of location. We either remove it completely or the system will update it automatically.

6. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

This is only available for certain members. Not everyone can see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.